Thursday, March 18, 2010

Weekly Reads/Recs #3

I am contentiously wowed by the extremely talented fanfiction writers out there! I have read some amazing stories this week! I did something a little different this week to find stories to read. I usually go to other writer’s favorites and the find stories that way. This week I read stories that are posted on Twilighted.net. I am glad that there is an option to change the background color to black and white now. It makes it easier to read stories on my blackberry…anyways I digressed…So on twilighted, I clicked on Categories – Selected AU-Human – Clicked the dropdown where it says “All Stories” and selected Completed Only and clicked go. There are 26 pages of completed stories so I would just click on the page and then read through the story summary and when I found one that sounded like I was in the mood for I read it. If I didn’t change things up I probably wouldn’t of found some of the great stories that I read.

Completed Stories:
Across the Hall by zephyersky
Author’s Summary: Bella and Edward were high school sweethearts until Edward breaks it off and leaves for college. It has taken Bella four years to put herself back together. Her new life and possible happiness are threatened when a new tenant moves into the apartment across the hall from her. All canon pairings except for a little Bella and James, because sometimes we all fall for the bad boy.

As you know, I have a hard time reviewing without giving the entire story away. I did enjoy reading this story. There was enough angst but not too much. It does take Bella a little while to make a decision on her relationship with Edward. Sometimes that is frustrating to me because I love Edward and I don’t like to see him hurting. (heehee). In the end she does make the right one but not before some tragic stuff happens to loved ones. Read the story to find out the rest.

For Sale by Owner by Ninapolitan
Author’s Summary: Bella made the painful decision to leave Edward in the hopes of giving him a better life. Choosing to flee on Christmas Eve, she unknowingly abandoned him on the night he was to propose. Years later he vows to find her again and make her explain.

In this story Bella does to Edward, what Edward does to Bella in New Moon. She leaves him! There are times I want to strangle Bella! How could she leave amazing Edward who loves her so much because she thinks he would be better off without her? I don’t get it…but I love Edward. Nina is an amazing writer and she is creative in using the 12 days of Christmas to help Edward with Bella. This story does have the angst but does it have a happy ending? I’m not telling…you have to read it.

Seismic Hazards by mac
Author’s Summary: Bella has fled to San Francisco, and is hoping to stay incognito. Who is she hiding from, and what secrets are her neighbors keeping? Sexual content, violence, eventual lemons. AH-AU. OOC. An Edward and Bella story.

This story has mystery, suspense, and humor. This sentence from the first chapter got me hooked…“The first rule of living in California is don’t sleep naked until you get used to the quakes.” This is Edward speaking to Bella. I really liked the other characters too…especially Jasper and Alice. It is a fun story with yummy lemons too!

So Be It by Anne
Author’s Summary: So Be It, Forks. That's the mysterious new nightly podcast that has everyone at Forks High tuned in. Will Bella Swan find out who's behind the sexy voice that's got her all hot and bothered? Twilight/Pump Up the Volume Crossover.

I was looking for a quick read and found this story. It is only 5 chapters but it is so worth reading. The mysterious podcaster, Happy Harry, will have you laughing. I liked the Bella in this story…she has hutzpah. There are yummy lemons in this story too.

Olympic Rain and Novocain by AddiCakesAuthor’s Summary: A waitress's pain, a bartender's secrets, & one fateful night. "The silken lilt flowing from his flawless lips envelopes her...soothes her...rocks her gently back and forth...until the tingly sensation fades into numbness. Numb. Like Novocain." AH *Dark themes*

This story is very well written and if you are in an angsty mood please give it a read. In the beginning of this story Bella is just existing. She sees Edward singing in a bar and his words and music capture her. She has suffered a major tragedy and she has not healed. Edward also has his share of inner demons. Can they help heal each other or will their suffering be too much to overcome? You know the drill…you have to read the story to find out.

Poetry in Motion by eroticfan
Author’s Summary: Art meets lust in Forks. This is - hell, I don’t know really. Mostly AU-Human I think, it’s not out there enough to be crackfic, although it’ll have its moments. Edward is a sensitive soul and budding poet, and Bella has a very special weakness for his poetry. It's trying to be a romantic comedy, but the smut keeps taking over...

This is another quick read…only 7 chapters. It was funny and had little angst. I think angst may be too strong of a word. Maybe just a little drama. There are parts of the story that will have you giggling out loud. So if you don’t have a lot of time and want to read something that will have you laughing then give this story a chance. Did I mention the smut? I didn’t you have to read the story for the fun sexy smut too.

After All by SunKing
Author’s Summary: Bella was once an aspiring opera singer before a car accident destroyed her dream. She gets a second chance when Edward's band holds auditions for a singer. Little does he know that she could help make his dreams come true, as well.

I really enjoyed this story. There is little bit of drama and friendship and love that keep the story going. Edward starts off as a major ass but we don’t know why at first. Bella is just an amazing strong and nice person. She is very patient too. More patient than most people when putting up with Edward. There are twist and turns in this story. I thought the plot was pretty original and the cannon Bella and Edward qualities that show through in the writing. SunKing did a wonderful job with this story.

Look At Me by SunKing
Author’s Summary: Bella, a famous Broadway star, gets a new co-star. Edward doesn't seem terribly impressed with his leading lady, especially since she's too much like Sandy for his liking. Will her sweet nature change his mind or is the innocence all an act?

I read this story by SunKing because I really liked After All and I love Broadway musicals, especially Grease…it is the word you know…I digressed again sorry. This is a great story and you won’t be disappointed in it. There is drama but there is loving and great friendships too. The other characters in this story are wonderful too.

Geek Love by SassenachWench
Author’s Summary: Edward and Bella are web geeks, friends, and colleagues. He kicks ass at code, she kicks ass at Nerf wars. A serious case of social retardation prevents Edward from going after the woman of his dreams. Can Edward overcome his inability to communicate in order to help Bella, whose dark past threatens her future happiness? Humor, healing, romance, and rampant geekitude collide in this Edward & Bella love story.

This is a delightful story but it does have some dark themes. I really liked it. I could relate to parts of it since I am a computer system analyst by trade and there were parts of the story that I could picture really well. I don’t know if it is because I live in Washington and have been some of the places that the story is set in. The Edward in this story is very adorkable. I really enjoyed him. Bella does have some abuse in her past that is holding her back. Can they get past the abuse? Is there a happy ever after? You know by now I will not tell you…just read the story. You will enjoy Geekward and Nerdella.


Devil's Angel by ObsessingOverEdward
Author’s Summary: My Harley, freedom and the women I have waiting for me up and down the California coast are my distractions. That was, until my Beauty turned my world upside down. ExB, AH, OOC, Mystery/Suspense/Romance

This is an amazing story that really owned me big time. It is very well written and when I thought there were places that it would be predictable it wasn’t. There are lots of twists and turns in this story. I am really glad that I found this story. It is worth reading. There is lots of suspense, wounded sexy Edward, and an amazing Bella too. You can really feel the emotions of the characters through the awesome writing of ObsessingOverEdward. I am going to check out her other stories next.

Chapter Updates:

Emancipation Proclamation chapter 70 by Kharizzmatic
Author’s Summary: Edward grew up in a life of money, power, & respect. Isabella was born into slavery-has never known another way. Their worlds collide & neither will ever be the same again. Will he give her freedom? Can he bear to ever let her go? AU-H OOC *Set in 2005*

OMG! There is so much drama in this chapter! I can’t tell you what happens or I will give it away!!! This is another must read story! It is one of the most well written fanfiction stories out there. The Edward in this story…is so hard-hot headed and destructive but he loves Bella so much. I hope he will be able to overcome some of his issues so that there can be some peace in their lives…but I know there will be consequences to his choices.

University of Edward Masen Chapter 26 by SebastienRobichaud
Author’s Summary: Edward Masen is the selfish and brooding university professor; Bella Swan is his shy, but determined graduate student. Appearances can be deceiving. Have their paths crossed before? Rated M for good reason, all human, canon pairings, AU, OOC, ExB

This chapter update like the rest of the story is so beautifully written. It has one of the most romantic love scenes that I have read. This Edward even though he can be dark at times can really bring on the romance. I wish my first time was as wonderful as the one written in this chapter. As I have mentioned before, this is one of my must read stories. I can’t wait for the next update.

Master of the Universe Chapters 75 & 76 by Snowqueens and Icedragon
Author's Summary: Bella Swan is drafted in to interview the reclusive, enigmatic Edward Cullen, multi-millionaire CEO of his company. It's an encounter that will change her life irrevocably, leading her to the darkest realms of desire. Adult themes, AH AU, Bella and Edward.

OMG! What amazing chapter updates! Cliff-hangers on both.  This another must read stories.  I love this Edward so much.  He is so wounded but so sexy.  I want him to have peace and happiness in his life.  You have to read this story.  I am so glad that Icy updates frequently!!!

I hope y’all have an amazing week and please share with me the stories that you are reading.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the mention, hun! I'm glad that you enjoyed the story.

    ♥OOE

    ReplyDelete
  2. I kind of found this late, but thank you so much for the recommendation. I'm thrilled that you liked Across the Hall.

    ReplyDelete