Saturday, March 13, 2010

Weekly Reads!

I did a lot of reading this week. I was sick one day so I didn't work and spent the day reading in-between naps.

I read some really good stories and of course there were chapter updates by the stories that own me. I want to try and review the stories but I have a hard time reviewing them without giving the plot totally away. I would not want to do that and ruin the story for someone else.

I am currently reading:
Progress: The Original Sleep Humper Love Story by 107yearoldvirgin
Author's Description: "A BxE debacle of epic proportions. "There's no real diagnosis. He's what we affectionately call a 'sleep humper'." Sometimes love is just plain awkward."

There are parts of this story has really had me LOL! I really needed a non-angsty story to read. I am almost done with it. Edward and Bella have some issues and they are working through them. There is a little angst but for the most part lots of humor. Bella doesn't say the F word and the gang doesn't either. 107yearold virgin gets creative in her other words instead of the "F" word. Of course there are some yummy lemons in this story.

I finished reading:

Closer by teambella23
Author's Description: "He grabs my face, slamming my back against the wall. "YOU ARE MINE BELLA" Edward seeths with anger. "PROVE IT THEN." He pulls back on my face. "WHAT DID YOU SAY?" "I SAID FUCKING MAKE ME YOURS." A cocky Edward, confidant Bella. AH cannon pairings, OOC. COMING HERE FROM FFn...."

OMG - If you like Angst, Anguish, Torment, Pain...I could go on and on...this is the story for you!!! It is a good story but there are times your heart breaks for both Edward and Bella. They both suffer a great tragic event and try and heal through the pain. They have a beyond toxic relationship. Their friends and family are there for them but they also suffer from E and B's relationship. The ending of the story leaves you wanting more...it is a good thing that teambella23 is writing a sequel.

A Little Crazy by LolaShoes and tby789
Author's Description: "Edward is the new, mysterious tenant across the street. Bella has spent her whole life here. Can he convince her that life isn't a place, but what you keep with you? Originally an entry for algonquinrt's Parkaward Contest by tby789 and LolaShoes"
 This is a delightful story of new love . These ladies have great talent in writing lemons. This Edward is way yummy with his tats and piercings. It is beautifully written and is a must read!

Kissed the Girls and Made them Cry by justaskalice
Author's Description: "Bella is reunited with her childhood friend Alice under unlikely circumstances. When sparks fly between Bella and Alice's older brother, will she be able to resist? And what secrets is he hiding? Canon Couples"

This is charming story. It does have a little bit of angst but it is so worth reading.
I loved this part: "The first time Edward Cullen told me he loved me, he was ten and I was eight. In a little more than twelve hours I would be getting into a car with my mother and driving away from our rainy little town forever...

"I wish you didn't have to go, Belly Bird," he said softly, handing me the bedraggled flower.

"Me too." I starting tearing up, and for once it had nothing to do with that stupid nickname.

He scooted closer to me and reached out to hold my hand. "Don't cry," he whispered, offering me his sleeve. I laughed and shook my head, tears still falling.

"Bella," he said seriously. I blinked. Edward almost never called me Bella. "Don't go. I love you. I think I'll love you forever."

American Girl by coldplaywhore
Author's Description: "Before starting her freshman year of college, Bella decided to backpack through Europe for two months. On her travels, she meets privileged black sheep Edward Cullen, who takes an instant liking to her & wants to join her on her trip and much more. lemon"

I really enjoyed reading this story. Young love and all of that. It was fun to read about their adventures through Europe and falling in love. However Bella has kept a huge secret from Edward and will he be able to forgive her so they can be together? You will have to read the story and find out. I won't tell you.

Tides by lambcullen
Author's Description: Bella's inheritance - an old house once owned by Granddad Aro. However, she is surprised to find an unexpected house guest living there. He knows her, but who the hell is he? OOC AH

This is a very touching story with angst, love, and lemons. I read it straight through. I could not stop myself. In this story Bella starts out trying to find herself and by the end she finds more. She not only finds herself but she finds home along the way.

Illegal Contact by GreenEyedGirl17
Author's Description: "Edward Masen is a 29 year old former NFL football player, now coaching high school football in Forks. He leads a quiet life until he meets a woman that will change his life forever. What's been missing from his life may be right in front of him. AH"

This is a story about friendship growing into more. This is another story that I just could not stop reading. I had to find out what would happen next.

This is from the Prologue:
"Tell me to stop if you don't want this, too," Edward said huskily between gently sucking on my neck.

"Please don't stop," I said breathlessly. My voice probably sounded so pleading and whiney, but I didn't care. I wanted nothing more than to have him inside me. Edward held me tightly against him as he walked back to his bedroom, kicking the door shut behind him.

Chapter updates that I read during the past week:

Striptease Chapter 3 by AngelStardust
Author's Description: "After that fateful 18th birthday of Bella's, Edward decided it was best to leave Bella. She needed to live a "normal" human life. Though, he never imagined where she would be a year later. With every action comes a reaction."

I found AngelStardust on the Twilighted Fourm and she is the beta for my story. I am not just pimping her story because she is helping me with mine. Her story is really good. Now y'all need to give Striptease a read. As you know I mostly read all human stories and this is the only vampire story that I am currently reading. The story is just at the beginning and the angst is just starting. I am intrigued as to what will happen next.

The Training chapter 19 update by tara sue me
Author's Description: "Sequel to The Submissive and The Dominant. Edward and Bella embark on their new relationship, but who's training whom?"

I have loved reading the journey of this Bella and Edward. The Submissive was my first insight into the D/s or BDSM lifestyle. While it is not for me I am a pretty open minded person and enjoy learning about new things.

Master of the Universe chapter 73 & 74 by Snowqueens Icedragon
Author's Description: "Bella Swan is drafted in to interview the reclusive, enigmatic Edward Cullen, multi-millionaire CEO of his company. It's an encounter that will change her life irrevocably, leading her to the darkest realms of desire. Adult themes, AH AU, Bella and Edward."

I started reading this story last November. I love it! It is one of my top 5 favorite stories. The Edward in this story is so sexy and fascinating but he is "fifty shades of fucked up". I love this Bella too. She is a strong young women that Edward needs. It is so well written and involved. I look forward to the updates. Which are often. :)

I don't know why but I love this from chapter 71:
"We're lovers, Isabella. Lovers don't need safe words."

The University of Edward Masen chapter 25 by SebastienRobichaud
Author's Description: "Edward Masen is the selfish and brooding university professor; Bella Swan is his shy, but determined graduate student. Appearances can be deceiving. Have their paths crossed before? Rated M for good reason, all human, canon pairings, AU, OOC, ExB"

This is story is also one of my top 5 favorites. There is something about this Edward. He is so dark but sexy. Bella is also a strong character. They have this power of each other. This is so well written and descriptive. I look forward to Saturday updates and reading about the path that life will bring to them. There is another update for this week that I haven't gotten to yet. I will read it before the night is over. I can't wait!!!

Finding Bella Chapter 24 by ekimmuh
Author's Description: "A girl who is broken and a Dom who's willing to do what he'd never thought he would in order to help her. Fuller summery inside. This is a BDSM story and contains dark themes."

I look forward to reading the updates for this story. This Bella is so broken and Edward is so very patient with her and trying his best. I am look forward to reading more about how she ended up in her situation and for healing (I hope) to take place.

All of Me Chapter 18 by flibbins
Author's Description: "Bella lives to serve her Master. It can be tedious at times, titillating at others, but always, her world revolves around his. Come take a peek at the trials and triumphs in the life of a 24/7 consensual slave and find what happens when outside forces threaten to expose her lifestyle. Please note that this story contains graphic language, graphic sexual situations and is only intended for a mature audience. The BDSM relationship described herein is entirely consensual, but may be offensive to some readers. Read with caution. OOC, AU/AH"

This is another BDSM story. I have few of them in my favorites. As I mentioned before I cannot imagine living this life style. There is no way I could kneel down and kiss my husband's feet but it is very interesting to read stories about it. This is another very well written story that I look forward to the updates.

A Rough Start chapter 21 by ItzMegan73
Author's Description: "Overnight irresponsible Edward goes from bachelor to father of a 5 yr old. Meanwhile responsible, prepared Bella begins her first job as Kindergarten teacher at Forks Elementary. When irresponsible meets the epitome of responsible, sparks will fly!"

Can you imagine becoming a parent of a 5 year old overnight? I can't. This story Edward has a broken past and is trying his best to be a new dad. Bella is helping out with Edward and his son. I can't wait to see how their journey will progress.

Hydraulic Level 5 Chapter 30 by Gondolier
Author's Description: "Critics hailed Edward Cullen’s novels as “masterful” and "brimstone beauty"--a genius of our time. Eh. I gave him my heart when I was four…and still, he left me for his stupid vampire books. Now he's an NYC elite...and I have extreme sports in Forks, WA."

I read this straight through...It is very well written. There is angst, healing, learning to love and trust again. I can't wait to see how it ends.

Edward Wallbanger Chapter 15 by feathersmmmm
Author's Description: "Bella moves into a fantastic apartment building in San Francisco. Guess who lives next door? With walls this thin, the tension is gonna be thick..."

I almost didn't start reading this story because it is in progress and I hate to wait for updates, but this story is written by feathersmmmm and she is amazing! This story really has some very funny LOL moments. I almost had tears in my eyes from some of the funny moments. This last chapter I did have tears in my eyes from not so funny moment. It was kind of angsty at the moment. I am always routing for Edward and Bella. Sometimes they are so hardheaded! This story very well written and everyone should read it.

I loved this line from Chapter 2:
If Edward ever brought Purina home again, I might have to kill her. The cold war was back on....

Wow this took me a long time to update and I have stories to read! Have a wonderful week and as always let me know what you are reading! Have a wonderful week! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment