Thursday, November 10, 2011

Last week I went on an epic journey…at least for me it was EPIC!

It was a journey of personal growth and fun. Last weekend I traveled on an airplane all by myself and flew down to Los Angeles. This was the first time that I had traveled by myself. I know for some of you this may not be a big deal but for me it was HUGE!!!! I do not like going anywhere by myself. I felt weird emotions. I was excited and scared at the same time! I did have a lot of incentive to go because I was going to the Twilight Convention to see Robert Pattinson in person!
Leaving on a Jet Plane...
My trip was planned at the last minute and the wonderful @TwiredJen said I could room with her, @17foreverlisa and @allthingsHHH on Saturday night. Friday night I stayed in a hotel by the airport that had a free shuttle and survived the night. The only misadventure was when I was getting out of bed at 4 am to go pee and wacked my head on a picture frame that jutted out 2 inches from the wall. I had a lump for days. Yes, I did a Bella!

The bump wasn't really this big but it felt like it! OUCH!
Saturday morning I took the shuttle back to the airport to catch a shuttle to the Hyatt where the Twilight Convention was. I met up with @twiredjen and we got to check in early. Yay! I was glad I didn’t have to carry my backpack around all day!
@TwiredJen and her Mini Edward
Since I waited until the last minute to buy my ticket, my seat was Q70 – the second to last row on far right of the stage. It was kinda far, but hey I was there.
View from my seat
Of course the most exciting thing for me was to see Rob and Kristen! I really wanted to see their interaction together. I love them and the thought that they are so in love! I really really really want to belie3ve they are. I think they are. I love the way they look at each other and casually touch each other…anyways, I’m rambling.

First up was Tinsel and Alex.

I liked Melissa Rosenburg’s interview.  I missed most of Christian Camargo and Mia Maestro panel because I went to get something to eat.

Cullen Panel of Jackson, Ashley, Elizabeth, and Peter was awesome. I was having camera issues due to the fact that I was so far away and the camera wanted to focus on the faces on the large screen behind them instead of the people on stage so I kind of gave up on having great pictures. If you want to see some great pictures check out my friends @TwiloveSue and @TwiredJen blogs: Twibite.blogspot.com and sotwired.blogspot.com


Jackson and his amazing smile!
This picture amused me...Ashley's mouth is twisted one way and Peter's is the opposite.

Cullen's signing the Huge banner. I tried to get picture of Jackson's bum but the Hillywood gal was in the way.
Oh look here it is!
They squeezed Charlie Bewely in between the Cullens and the main event of the Twifecta with Bill Condon.
 Charle Bewley!
When Rob, Kristen, Taylor, and Bill came on stage, I really wanted to just enjoy it and be in the moment. I tried to snap a few pictures but sometimes when I take pictures I miss out on the whole experience so I gave up and just took it all in. Rob, even from the back of the room, was so handsome and his adorkable self. Kristen was beautiful as ever but you could tell she was a bit uncomfortable. There were some fans just yelling out random stuff and it was distracting and I think a bit annoying to them on stage. Actually I really couldn’t tell you what they said at the time because I was so excited to see them. I had to watch it again on after I got home. If you want to see the panel you can see it here at Robert Pattinson News Once it was over I was feeling all sorts of emotions. I really felt like I could cry and I was trying to understand why and I still don’t understand. If someone figures it out please let me know.

The BodyGuards!

Love pictures of Rob looking at Kristen!

Ooooo! A glimps of Rob belly!

Handsome Rob!

Laughing Rob!
What is is about his hands????

I'm glad he didn't sign Bella's Boob.

Good bye! Until next year!

The rest of the weekend was great I had dinner with @MandysMind, @TwiredJen, @17foreverLisa, @dangrdafne.
@TwiredJen, @dangrdafne, & me

We went back to the hotel and Jen and I had great girl talk and Lisa joined us for a bit. Michelle finally joined us and we talked awhile she is great.

Sunday I really wanted to go see Rob, Kristen and Taylor’s handprints at Grauman's Chinese Theater but they were not on display yet. I had no car to get around. @allthingsHHH and I went to mall and had lunch at the food court. Then went back to the hotel and hung out in the lobby until the group of people she was with headed out for the day. I spent the time reading and people watching. I found @dangrdafne and her mom and visited with them until they left to get dinner. They got back a few minutes before my shuttle was picked me up to go to the airport around 5:45.

I was sad and happy to go home. A weekend is was too fast to visit with online friends with whom you have become real life friends. I think this statement by Jackson sums up the weekend:

“It always makes me really happy to see fan inspired artwork or fan fiction. To me the most beautiful aspect of being a part of this series is how much you all love it. And not just the movies, but with each other. You have an amazing community you’ve created around the entire world. That’s amazing. If it wasn’t for you, we wouldn’t be here!”

4 comments:

  1. It was amazing to get to spend do much quality time with you. You are an incredible woman and I am so glad we are friends. Can't wait to see you again - hopefully sooner than later. I am proud of you for stepping outside your comfort zone and doing something for yourself. That has been the other great thing to happen because of Twilight. The independence so many women have found in themselves. I am grateful for every minute I get with my Twilight friends. Take care and know Iove you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @dangrdafne You are so sweet! I'm glad we are friends as well! Looking forward to seeing you again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww I wish I could have met all of you, I miss you! Sounds like SUCH a fun time. :)

    BTW I know what you mean crying when it's over. I did the exact same thing when I was done with my first 100 Monkeys meet and greet. I think it's because you're on such a high with excitement and anticipation that when it's finally done, it's such a change. Perfectly normal, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is pretty awesome!!! I feel the same way--love them together--it's adorable. I really wanted to go to the convention but just couldn't swing it with all of my other obligations! Hopefully this year...thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete