Monday, February 22, 2010

The Lost Boys and Clipped Wings and Inked Armor

I was really excited last week to find out that The Lost Boys by hwimsey and Clipped Wings and Inked Armor by hunterhunting are now completed.

Both of these stories have been talked about on other FF sites and I couldn’t wait to read them. I was very tempted to start them but I am really trying not to start a story unless it is completed. That is a very hard thing to do. I have so many stories in progress on my favorites list that I always have to read the previous chapter to remember where I am at in the story.
 I did finish The Lost Boys the other day. This story is awesome!!! It is very well written. I wasn’t sure about if it was really something that I would like from the summary… “Three young woman, three young men, a potentially haunted Victorian that's falling apart around their ears, unrequited love, and an up and coming band. Take all that, shake it up, and set it in romantic San Francisco. All human, usual pairings.” But I really did enjoy it and could not stop reading it. If you like romance, angst, reincarnation, ghost, and Bella, Edward, and the rest of the gang; you will love this story too. I really liked how answers to my questions were wrapped up in the end like a good mystery should.

This story has been won first place in the category most in character in the Twilight All Human Fanfiction Awards. It was nominated for a Golden Lemon Award for best dirty talk.

I am in the process of reading Clipped Wings and Inked Armor. This is the summary from the author “Haunted by her past Bella is broken and alone. Starting over, can she let go of the guilt that consumes her when she meets a beautiful tattoo artist or will his own personal demons destroy them first? Rated M for langage and lemons. AH/OOC”

This story owns me at the moment. I wish I could just read it without interruption but this thing called real life is in the way. I think I may be able to finish it by the end of the week. In this story so far, Bella and Edward are very wounded people and they are finding healing in each other but they haven’t been totally honest with each other about their past and I am sure that there will be lots of drama when/if that happens. I have learned lots about different types of piercings from reading this story. Edward has multiple piercing including an Apadravya – which basically is a barbell that goes through the head of his dick…ouch! But it apparently makes things very pleasurable for him and her during sex. I know my husband will never get one for me. I just googled it to see what it looks like and showed him and he said “NO WAY!” During the story Bella also gets her nipples and clit pierced. I won’t be getting those pierced either. I am hoping that there will be a happy ending.
 This story is nominated for a couple of Bellie Awards in the categories: Most Consistenlty Updated and Best Trend Setting Fic. Voting is open until 9PM Eastern (6PM Pacific) on February 28, 2010.

I hope you get a chance to read these stories.

I am going to let you go so I can continue on with Clipped Wings and Inked Armor.

Good Night! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment