Sunday, March 20, 2011

Chilean Kisses, BDSM Fanfic, & Adorkableness

This past Friday night like most of you, I watched the live stream of MTV First: Robert Pattinson.




They played a clip from MTV's Twilight Tuesdays. This clip was prior to my immersion into the fandom so I hadn't seen it. I totally cracked up at Rob and Kristen's exchange in dialogue. I totally get his humor and I thought his response as "the kiss" being a Chilean kiss was sooooo funny! I was laughing so hard.





Q: "What's it like kissing the most gorgeous man alive, Robert Pattinson?" - Ceejay

K:His teeth are pretty sharp. It's great. I like it. It's cool.

MTV: People are also debating whether Edward and Bella will French kiss.

R: It's more of a Chilean kiss.

K: What's that?

R: That just wasn't funny. Whenever we kiss, I just try to kill her all the time.

K: And I love that. She's a total sadomasochist, if you think about it.

R: And I'm just gay.

K: Or impotent.

I also found a bit of humor in Kristen's response that Bella is a "total sadomascochist" since I have read so many BDSM fanfiction stories. I have to admit that when I first read the Twilight Saga my mind didn't really go to wow these character's would make great D/s characters in fanfiction stories (especially since I didn't know about fanfiction at the time). I can understand how the amazing fanfiction writers used some of Bella and Edward's character traits to write amazing BDSM stories.

My current favorite in progress BDSM story is called Between Pleasure and Pain by sadtomato. Author's Description: Bella's been keeping her kinky fantasies a secret from her husband, Edward. When he finds out about her dark desires, he turns to Carlisle for guidance. Will Carlisle's mentoring help bring E&B closer or drive them apart? BxExC, AH, BDSM, Rated M.

I love that so far it feels pretty real to me the way that Bella feels about exploring her submissive side and her kink. The process of Bella and Edward learning how to separate their D/s relationship from their husband and wife relationship is interesting to read about too. It is really well written and I can so feel the emotions the characters are going through while I am reading. If this kind of story appeals to you then you will not be disappointed with Between Pleasure and Pain.


I know most everyone that loves kinky stories has read Tara Sue Me's The Submissive, The Dominant, and The Training. This trilogy is what introduced me to the world of BDSM fiction. I remember when I first read The Submissive. I was intrigued by someone being willing give up control of their body to someone else and being able to trust them so much that they will not really hurt them but give them what they need and want emotionally and physically.


Another story that I love is Master of the Universe by Snowqueens Icedragon and I know I am not alone in this love. I have to admit I was a bit obsessed with the Edward character of this story. When I would go to Seattle I would think about him. My daughter would make fun of me and tell me, "You know he is not real." I do know that but I would love to give him a hug. He is so wounded that hugs can make it better for a moment. I love the Bella in this story too. She is very strong and independent. She is good for him.

I went to Escala to see if Fifty was home but they wouldn't let me in.

The story has been pulled but I am excited that it's going to be published. It will be called Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James. I like that Edward character's name will be Christian Grey. I don't know why but I feel that is a perfect name for him. I can't wait to read it again in the new format and see what kind of changes are there. I do hope she leaves Echo Charlie's name as Echo Charlie and doesn't change it to Charlie Golf. I know I am a bit strange. We will have to wait until May 26th to see.

When I started writing this post I didn't plan of doing a mini BDSM story review. I wanted share the adorkableness of Rob. Is that why we love him so much? He is so incredibly handsome, smart, funny and of course adorkable.



And now for some handsome eye candy:





For even more adorkable Rob - check out Robert Pattinson Life Post: The funniest and cutest Gifs from Rob's MTV Interview

No comments:

Post a Comment